On October 26, Sue Nicholson (OBIAA Board Member and Collingwood BIA General Manager) and Kay Matthews (OBIAA Executive Director) met with Minister Leal | Minister Responsible For Small Business and Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Daniel Skilleter | Office of the Premier and Jason Easton | Chief of Staff for the Minister Responsible For Small Business.
The goal of the meeting was to bring awareness of the needs and economic impact of Ontario’s BIA’s, both traditional and non-traditional BIAs.
Some key discussion points were:
- Vacant Units – The Vacant Unit Rebate and Property Standards
- Municipal Act – BIAs as a key Private-Public partnership
- Small Infrastructure Funding for BIAs
- Alignment with Government Ministries Provincially
- Support for a second ROI Project
- Creation of a Main Street ‘Class’ for BIAs