Attention all gardeners! Would you like to support the Compass this season by growing an extra row of vegetables or donating extra produce?
The Compass grows food in several plots in the Hillside Community Garden that supplement our food bank operation. They are looking to you to help increase the amount of nutritious, fresh produce that we can distribute to their clients.
Whether your vegetable garden is large or small, consider adding an additional row, bed, pot or plant. If you have extra fruit or vegetables, earmark them for donation to the Compass. The more Compass Growers they have the more we fresh produce we can distribute.
- Sign-up as a Compass Grower to let them know that you want to support the Compass this season with fresh produce from your garden. Simply complete the short sign up form on their web site www.thecompass.ca by providing them with your name and email address so they can keep you informed of our progress this season.
- At harvest time, bring the produce that you would like to donate to the Compass during the following times:
- Monday’s between 12 pm – 8 pm
- Wednesday’s between 10 am – 5 pm
- Friday’s between 10 am – 5 pm
- Please kindly remember to remove any lose soil from your produce before you bring it in.
- When you come to the Compass to drop off your produce, tell them that you are a Compass Grower and they will be sure to weigh your donation and add it our total so they can report on their success.
WHICH CROPS ARE BEST FOR DONATION?
Any produce that can be easily handled, stored and distributed, such as broccoli, carrots, peas, beans, tomatoes (all sizes), radishes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, summer squash (including zucchini), apples and pears are welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact the Compass office at email@example.com or 905-2749309.