Let's continue to support our local businesses and spread kindness and positivity during this challenging time.
Now Hiring: Executive Director
As Executive Director, you’ll have a direct role in shaping the future of our community. Alongside our volunteer Board of Directors, you’ll create community programming that reinvigorates business owners, excites locals, and draws in visitors. Full job description can be found below.
Executive Director, Port Credit BIA
Historic and resilient. That’s Port Credit. As the Executive Director of our BIA, you’ll get to live and breathe the spirit of our lakeside community every single day.
Rooted in entrepreneurship, our neighbourhood is no stranger to hard work. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and charismatic advocate for our small business community. Someone with whom we can entrust the care of our cherished 300-year-old community.
Our BIA believes in showing up for each other and finding the fun in our daily work. We love blowing off steam after the sun sets, but can be just as content spending a quiet afternoon on the water. In our Executive Director, we hope to find someone who shares that same affinity for both the lively and quiet moments that only Port Credit can offer.
The Port Credit BIA continues to evolve and be the support for the business community. We’re witnessing our Mainstreet thrive. In addition to the summer season bustling with patios, retail and now numerous creative arts businesses, we’re feeling excited for our village’s next chapter.
As Executive Director, you’ll have a direct role in shaping the future of our community. Alongside our volunteer Board of Directors, you’ll create community programming that reinvigorates business owners, excites locals, and draws in visitors.
Port Credit has limitless growth potential and we can’t wait to hear what ideas you have for the neighbourhood too. We invite you to come and explore it.
Benefits and Salary Range:
- $80,000 (Compensation is based on skill level and prior experience.)
- Some benefits included and will be outlined with the final candidate
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors on a plan to make the BIA’s vision a reality.
- Measure the progress we’ve made towards hitting our benchmarks (goals) and adjusting strategies accordingly so that we achieve them.
- Engage diverse community organizations as well as strengthen community partnerships.
- Plan and oversee delivery of BIA programming, communications, events, etc.
- Be the “face” of our BIA in the media and at events.
- Manage the BIA office and motivate team members.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and monthly scheduling (staffing, finances, etc.).
- Engage in annual budget planning and forecasting.
- Uphold our values and share pride in our marine heritage.
- Oversee BIA governance structure.
- Deliver communications to our members, partners, stakeholders, council, and the media in a clear and consistent manner.
What we’re looking for:
- Stellar communication skills. Your enthusiasm is infectious, but you also know when a situation requires patience and empathy.
- Creativity and outside-the-box thinking. Where other people see the ordinary, you make meaningful connections between people, ideas, and resources.
- A true leader. You can confidently lead a small team and inspire them to bring their best work to the BIA every single day.
- A heart for the community. The thought of getting to live the spirit of Port Credit every day is what’ll get you out of bed in the morning.
- A lifelong learner. You soak up new information like a sponge.
- A multi-tasker who doesn’t shy away from hard work, even if that means wearing more than one hat.
- Flexibility both with your time and in finding new ways to get the job done more efficiently.
- Ambition. Someone driven by a desire to leave a legacy that’s as iconic as our famous lighthouse.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or relevant certification.
- Background in Community Development/Economic Development preferred.
- Previous management experience is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of the BIA model is a plus.
- Project management experience is a benefit.
- Previous event planning experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with the basics of social media management and marketing.
How to Apply:
Instead of a cover letter, we want you to provide us with your own, personal mission statement. In 2 or 3 sentences, tell us why you’d be a good candidate for this job.
Please submit your résumé and mission statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 7, 2022.