Calling all amateur photographers! Do you have stellar photos of beautiful Port Credit, Mississauga? Get your pics the attention they deserve. Submit your shots to the Port Credit photo contest, PixIN the Port.
Winners will have their photographs printed in the 2020 Port Credit BIA Business Directory and featured on Port Credit BIA’s social media channels and/or website (not to mention full bragging rights).
If this sounds like a good place to showcase your photography now is your time to shine! Read the contest details and submit your shots to us by February 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
We can’t wait to see your photographs.
How to submit
Submit your photos by emailing them to Natasha at email@example.com, making sure to follow the instructions outlined in the PixIN the Port Submission Guidelines & Contest Rules.
Submissions will be accepted until February 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
PixIN the Port Submission Guidelines & Contest Rules:
- Please enter “PixIN the Port Contest” in subject line when submitting photos.
- Contestant must provide full name, and social media handles if applicable, for photo credit.
- Only amateur photographers may enter, NO professional photography submissions please (they will not be accepted).
- Photos submitted must be at least 300DPI, 2-3MB and in JPEG format. No cellphone submissions will be accepted.
- Digital cameras, DSLRs, action cameras, new and improved film cameras are accepted.
- Contest open for online submissions only, through email address provided.
- Each contestant may submit a maximum of 3 pictures in one single entry.
- Photos must be of Port Credit only.
- Please refer to the provided picture examples i.e. scenery, Credit River, lake, previous/upcoming events, murals, Port Credit historical, Port Credit gazebo, etc.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- There must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- Selected contestants will be contacted via email.
- The final prints selected will be determined by a jury.
If you need some inspiration or guidance don’t worry—we have some examples of what we’re looking for.
Ready to submit your photos?
When you’re ready to submit your photographs send them to Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t delay, the deadline to submit, February 11, 2020 at 11:59 pm, is coming soon!