PERMIT - Apply for Noise exemptions

If you’re planning an activity or event that’s going to create a lot of noise during a certain timeframe, you can apply for an exemption to the Noise Control By-law in advance. The city must receive your application a minimum of eight weeks before your event date.

PERMIT - Apply for Noise exemptions

Exemptions for special events

You’ll need to apply for an exemption if your event will include a live band, music or amplified sound from:

  • Monday to Saturday earlier than 7 a.m. or later than 5 p.m.
  • Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If your event is for a community charity or organization, please contact your Community Liaison Officer.


Apply for a noise exemption

Complete the Noise Exemption Application and pay the fee of $261.60 (including HST) by cheque or money order, payable to the City of Mississauga. Submit your application and fee by mail or in person to:

Compliance and Licensing Enforcement
300 City Centre Drive, ground floor
Mississauga ON L5B 3C1


Notify local residents

Once they receive your application, they will create and send you a notice to let local residents know about your exemption. You’ll need to distribute this notice to all residents to property owners within a 500 metre radius from the event location. They will also send you a map of the specific area.


All the information can be found on the website here: