Now Hiring! Office Assisstant
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Office Assistant is responsible for
general office duties and ensuring company processes run smoothly. This role assists with
office duties and corresponds with BIA members and community members. The Office
Assistant will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Operations
Manager to maintain a safe, organized, and streamlined office setting.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Contract role, 9 weeks, 30 hours per week.
- Performs clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing
correspondence, placing and picking up orders, and answering emails.
- Interacts with BIA members, visitors, and community members.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Types meeting notes, presentations, and forms among other documents.
- Photocopies, scans, and files appropriate documents.
- Maintains accurate records and enters data.
- Conducts research and compiles data.
- Maintains PCBIA business directory.
- Maintains stock of supplies by anticipating work requirements, ordering supplies.
- Performs additional duties when required, including drafting materials and
organizing the filing system.
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent organization and efficient time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and take direction.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience with graphic design is an asset.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License is an asset.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Office Assistant.
Applications close Friday, July 16 at 5:00 pm.